View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: Turn Signal need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah96 View Post
So my turn signals on my 1969 GMC C2500 dont work but my hazard lights work. Also my cluster indicators for my turn signal dont work any thoughts? Is it the turn signal switch?
Any help would be appericated
There are two flasher modules. One for the hazard lights and one for the turn signals. I would start there by swapping the two modules in your fuse box and see if the hazards still work with the other flasher module. If they do then you know it is not the turn signal flasher module being bad that is keeping them from working. If the turn signals start working with the hazard flasher module in the turn signal flasher location all the better. All you need is a new turn signal flasher module.

If they still don't work after that then I would check the fuse for the signals itself. Pull it out of the fuse box and make sure it has not separated internally. Gently pull the two ends in opposite directions and see if one of the caps comes off. I have had them fail this way and not make sufficient contact to operate the wiring circuit they supply power to but still pass a continuity check with a tester when they are in the fuse box. They look perfectly fine from the outside. Quick test and worth checking before you dig into the steering column to pull the turn signal switch out which is the next step once you verify you have good power through the fuse and a functional turn signal flasher module.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote