View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #369
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

The bed is off the truck one more time now. I did a little work underneath and on the truck frame since I was having issues with some of the mounting bolts.

I fixed the issue with the bowed panel at the front of the box, so no need to fit an angle strip there.

I laid out the new bed strips to help locate the holes to mount them. I will need to re-drill some of them, which I will be doing this afternoon, when I get home from work. Once all of the holes are done, I can mask the sides fo the box for the bedliner. I'll use the desert sand for the floor, up to the top of the angle strips and when the time comes, I'll use "one nighter" for the inside of the box walls and top of the bed rails, since it closely matches the original color of the truck, which I'm going back to.

I thought I had ordered my bed strips as a natural stainless finish, but these appear to be polished. Either way, I think they are going to look good. I am going to cut the center strip where it goes over the hidden gooseneck hitch. The piece of strip that I cut out will be attached to the cover plate for the hitch to continue the look.

-Joe
Attached Images