View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #5
byopp12789

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKDTN View Post
You have no mechanical fuel pump so you will have to deal with that (you can't use the electric in-tank pump with a carb). The block may or may not be machined for it. The electronic distributor won't work without the computer. But in simplistic terms an intake is an intake. If you can bolt on a carb leak-free and supply fuel and spark then yes it will run. If it were me, I would much rather make a TBI work than a 2-bbl carb. The TBI is a very simple system. You will also have issues if you have a 700R4 transmission with the TV cable and a 2-bbl.
Maybe you could tell me what could be causing it to flood at idle? I know nothing about these things the guy told me it needed injectors but after changing them no luck and I know a little about how to work on a carb that’s why I was ready to give up to one but if I can get this fixed I would rather go tbi route. Thanks, Bryson

P.S. I pulled the plugs and all 8 are black. Could it be some sensor or something? If you can help let me know. Thanks again
Posted via Mobile Device
byopp12789 is offline   Reply With Quote