View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #65
Grumpy old man

Re: Buying a old car/truck

I don't buy others dreams ,I buy my own , If someone has a truck for sale and they want it finished to their specs or kept the way it is then they should state that in their ad and find "that buyer" , Not that it would make much difference ,Once it's sold the buyer can do whatever they want to it and getting upset over it is a waste of time . If someone is selling an unfinished project I'm looking at the parts that are there Not to continue their dream or make friends

(making friends with sellers off Craigslist or ebay maybe a little sketchy at best )

The back story all though interesting means very little in the end . I buy projects that's what interests me ,stripping them down to the bare bones and bringing them back to MY vision . I bought a running driving 67 long bed ,Sold the bed for what I paid for the whole truck. it's down to the bare frame and gave up it's front suspension this week for one of my short bed projects . In the end once someone gives up or needs the money and sells ...It's gone . The old saying still goes . Take a picture it will last longer .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop