View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #1464
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Been having a good time working a couple days with my two sons, Jason and Sam. It hasn't happened often, but when all three of us get together to work it's the best feeling for me as a dad. My older son does hardwood flooring and this is his job. Actually a side job because he is working for someone else doing another type of work these days. So he has no crew and that's how we all came together. The job involves running the entire main floor, including kitchen (gutted) and fingering in to old flooring in family room into hallway then foyer. Not just straight up slam it down flooring. I wasn't too wild about the thought of running hardwood but the good outweighs the bad.

Driving home, all in our own vehicles on the same road, we had a red light where the road goes from 2 to 1 lane beyond the light. I take the right lane, roll past Jason with a grin and signalling I'm going to run Sam. Sam has a Toyota X-Runner he has a nice tune on and I'm in my '95 K2500 Suburban. I sit back with my bumper at the back of his door... a little tactic I use when I want to beat someone out. Light turns green and I lunge out ahead, works every time. He is much faster and came right around me with ease, of course I let up too . Didn't want to pinch us together at the merge, you know. I just wanted to mess with Sam.

So on up the road at the crossroads closest to my place, Jason comes rolling by on my right and stops next to Sam in the right turn lane (regular cab ZR2) in an obvious challenge. I got a real kick when the light turned green and both my boys pull out hard side by side in front of me. Jason is tossing up dust off the hard shoulder and drops in behind Sam. Might seem irresponsible for some, but it was a high point for me all the same. Not a word spoken between us, just something we could do and the other knew what was up... all in fun.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-24-2018 at 07:05 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote