View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #17
Slowguy

Re: this rear axle stuff is confusing, but I have to go posi

I know all too well about purchasing what I don't need or will end up not wanting and then it sits on a shelf. I've already done a little of that on this build. It's why I ask so many questions and spend days searching. LOTS of info to read but sometimes difficult to find EXACTLY what you are doing that someone has already done. 67 c10, with a 3.73 ratio, lq4 engine with a custom tune boosting to about 500 hp, 4l80e trans with a 3200 stall circle d converter, a transgo shift kit, and an elgin 1839p cam....see what I mean? That's more variables then just searching "ls swap 67 c10". Then on top of that, you get many opinions and what has worked well for "person 1", then "person 2" says something completely opposite (and that opposite opinion obviously worked well for person 2). So all that just adds to my confusion.

Unfortunately, what usually ends up happening, is exactly as you described. I end up buying what I think may work, I don't like it but it gave me a perspective to know what or how I want to change it, and I purchase a new option.

I just know I want posi. I'd like the first gear not to crawl like I've read many stock c10 are from factory, and I'd like to cruise down the road at 70 mph somewhere in the 2-3k range. This build is like many others I've done....I go all it, without ever even spending time driving the original vehicle. I bet I have a total of 10 miles driving the original truck. I can tell you, in comparison to any vehicle 1980 or newer, it was super unstable-feeling and sounded like it was fully revved at about 60. It would clunk and felt like it would sway off the road with any sudden movements.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote