View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #23
Andler2008

Re: 1984 C30 CC/LB "Daily Dually"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack91 View Post
Older 220v compressors on cl aren't that popular these days so I just bookmarked a couple and waited . $25 lowball offer accepted and cost me around $5 in parts to do the swap.
Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out. I may just wait a week or two and grab a twin cylinder from harbor freight if I can't find a used setup on CL.

I did get some work done last night on the truck. Got the heavy ass metal bumper and the hitch removed. Gave me enough space to fit my angle grinders in and cut the 4 most rearward bolts out. Glad I didn't even try unbolting them. I ended up using a mix of my 9" and 4.5" angle grinders to get the bolts out. Took less than 30 minutes once I had the space.

I had to stop when I got to the last 2 bed bolts. They're on top of the saddle tanks, so I started to remove the passenger tank before I gave up for the night.

Turns out, there is a ton of scale rust that came off the frame and hitch and made working on my back SO MUCH FUN!!! My impact and hammer made so much come off that now it's damn near ready for POR15 prep. I'll get the bed off this weekend guaranteed though. Then on to tank mount fabrication.