View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #25
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

Made a little progress in the last 2 weeks. Temps have been dropping so my first priority was to get some coolant in the truck since I filled it with water when I put the engine in. I filled it with water because I wanted to make sure the used radiator didnt leak and I knew the heater core may have to come out. I pulled the heater box off the firewall and cleaned it out, surprisingly there was no sign of mice inside. The heater core had been leaking though so I was glad I pulled it out. A call to Oreillys and and a new core was ready the next day, I could have had it the same day but I didnt want to drive across town to pick it up.

I spent today grinding the last of the old spring perches off my 14 bolt so I can get it ready to go under the back of the truck. Hopefully I can get the new ones welded on and actually drive this thing before it snows.

I have a bunch of little things I want to do like fix the wiring for the ignition and the alternator but I have been forcing myself to leave it as is since I can do it this winter while the truck is in hibernation.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote