View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

Thank you! Exciting is...well...one word for it....

I did a bit more work this weekend. I managed to get all of the rest of the wiring out of the 2011 donor vehicle, most of which I won't' need. But provides a bit more to part out, such as the airbag restraint system module, and the BCM/BCU control module. I cut a hole in the firewall and dragged it all through. Now I can lift the cab off and get to the fun stuff, such as the transfer case, transmission etc.

I also have to research what wiring need to keep to send out along with the PCM and get it rewired, reflashed and programmed. If anyone has any ideas on vendors to use I'm all ears. I thought about doing so myself but I want this part done right, and I can focus on other items that take less knowledge, just brute labor.

Also, I managed to smash my middle finger during the work. I was trying my existing wheel on the rear axle of the 2011 in a wing-and-a-prayer-distant-hope-wish the lug pattern would match. I was pulling the wheel/tire (these are 35's, so very heavy) onto the axle and it slipped off and smashed my finger between the wheel and hub. I knew instantly I was going to lose my nail. I happened to be wearing gloves so I just kept working. When I stopped at the end of the day and noticed the front of my finger was also a dark purple along with the nail (sorry for the bird pics everyone). Not good! My wife was smart enough to take me to get it x-rayed and I have a distal tuft fracture in the top bone.

I would have been fine with that if the lug pattern had matched! But alas, I will be choosing between keeping my older corp 14 bolt axle or buying two new rear wheels to match the 6x180 lug pattern of the new axle. Always tough decisions!

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote