View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #374
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

The stomach bug that has been going around Oklahoma hit me hard last week. Wednesday through Friday I was out of commission. I did manage to get the second coat of primer on over the weekend and yesterday, I scuffed out that coat, followed by a good wash down. Once that dried, I masked everything off and then tarped the bed to keep the barn cats and leaves off the prepped surface.

Today, after work, I got the Monstaliner rolled on in a coworker's shop. the bed is now curing in an enclosed environment and I can bring it home tomorrow afternoon. Weather and time permitting, I'll have the bed strips mounted and then the bed back on the truck.

In all, the floor only used about 1/2 gallon of Monstaliner for the two coats, not the 3 quarts they indicated. Had I known, I would have had the rear fenders cleaned and prepped for the bedliner to be spread on the insides for a protective coating. Lesson learned.

-Joe
Attached Images