View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: Beginner Build with Ambition gets some air ride suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
I'm guessing since the RideTech 3 link is a bolt-in, the spacing geometry for the rear axle is probably pretty much set anyway

its not. the way I always start installing 3 or 4 links is to run some strap from the frame to the axle and tack weld it in place, then jack up the truck and take the springs off. this keeps the ride height, wheelbase, and pinion angle set. when you install the lower bars you will spin the bushings until the bars are exactly the right length to bolt on, then bolt them on. install the upper wishbone and spin the bushing till its exactly the right length, then bolt it on. then cut the tacks and cycle the suspension up and down. aside from a minor change to fix the pinion angle (which might go wonky at full drop) which is done by adjusting the top bar length, you will likely be ready to tighten the jam nuts and go.

the ridetech 3 link uses the stock gas tank crossmember and there really isnt a need to move the tank unless you just want to. and by want to, I mean you want to see it under the bed when you walk up to the truck from a distance, want to see the filler in the bed floor, and want to remove anything you have in the bed to fill the tank. just kidding, do what you like!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote