View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #206
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

started laying in the harnesses finally. I am glad I built this "petite" pedal/column holder, there is so much room for activities now!

IMG_2074 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2076 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2077 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

on the s10 half the harness runs below the pedals, half above. I used to just put it all above but using the factory location for the BCM I needed to have it as close to stock location as possible so I didnt need to extend a million wires.

IMG_2079 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

half tucked, looking much much cleaner!

IMG_2080 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the cluster connector is sticking out the radio hole. I am ordering CON2R gauges to work with the stock senders but there is a problem, the factory cluster has a serial connection to the PCM, and if you remove it, among other problems, it will set a trouble code for no communication and the alternator will not charge. My solution is to install the cluster behind the factory speaker. however since that requires that the senders stay hooked to the PCM (another trouble code if the fuel gauge has a open circuit for example) I am planning on taking the truck to someone with HP Tuner and have the gauge outputs mimicked/copied to three empty pins on the PCM (coolant temp, oil pressure, and fuel level, dont need volts). does that sound possible? if not, my back up plan is to disconnect the oil pressure wire from the gauges (it is not a serial output from the PCM, just a throughput), add a three wire coolant temp sender (third wire to new gauge) and simply disconnect the fuel level sender to the PCM and replace it with a 100 ohm resistor. It will always see a 1/4 tank that way.

after I had it all zip tied up and routed, I went ahead and took the dash harness back out. see, it helps if you pay attention and dont pick up the 98 blazer dash harness you had left over on the shelf, and use the 03 S10 harness instead.

IMG_2082 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and this is a moment in history, this is the actual brake pedal clip that CAME OFF THE TRUCK WHEN I started. thats a first for me, usually I lose it and borrow the clip from the next truck.

IMG_2075 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I was at the hutch swap meet last weekend and couldnt resist this bunch of stainless window trim, got one inside and three outside. I am ambivalent to shiny stuff so I dont know if I will use it, but if I decide to its nice to have.

IMG_2078 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

more to come!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote