View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #2245
fourspeedwagon

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

My progress as usual is pretty dismal, but I am overloaded with harvest so taking a couple hours to do anything is a relaxing bonus for me. I have 3 project trucks currently- nobody said I was smart.. Today I fiddled with my ‘51 GMC. It’s a one ton that was a factory dump/flatbed. Soon it’ll have an original 9 foot box on it. The box I found is in really nice shape but it is still an almost 70 year old piece of farm equipment. I cut off the extra pieces of strap that were welded on and a couple shelves that were attached to the bedsides behind the fenders. Not certain what they were for? They look like big battery trays. Maybe for toolboxes, buckets, extra fuel? Whatever they were- they’re gone and I smoothed the spots with a flap wheel on my angle grinder.

Stared at the back of the truck a bit also - I want to mount the box so I can still utilize the pto dump. Not sure if anyone has done it quite like this but I’m sure I can figure it out.
“People are shocked when they find out I’m not a good electrician”
Dad told me “Son, never strike a man in anger- unless you’re certain you can get away with it”
fourspeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote