View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #894
Chris_oz

Re: Lets see pics of your truck hauling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Yup. I have one on mine.

I think that I have solved the mystery of not having "Longhorn" emblems on the fenders. The bed is tweaked a little, so it was probably hit sometime before '73 when my FiL bought it. He's never mentioned it getting hit, that's why I say before. Can't ask him, since he died 9 years ago. Whoever did the body work probably just left the trim off. The SPID says 133" wheel base, so it's a true Longhorn. I'll check someday if it has bondo or braze there.
Steeveedee,

I also have a 1970 Chev Longhorn, matching SPID and as far as I can tell all original.

Both "Longhorn" badges have come off, one is in the glove box, the other is missing, neither side of the bed has holes for badge pins to go through, they appeared to be "glued" on, not sure what with.

The original badge I have in the glovebox has no signs of ever having pins.
you can see the outline of the adhesive in front of the rear side marker in this photo, both sides the same.

Mine also had a camper from new, an 11ft ANZA camper, which the order notes specific reference to "longhorn" not sure what was different about it, as I don't have any photos of the camper. I wish I did.
Attached Images

Chris_oz is offline   Reply With Quote