View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 01:45 AM   #1700
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
Nice job Chris!!! Love that color!!
Thanks a lot! I like it, too and it’s on the list of potentials if I ever decide to make this a shiny truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Looks better than I could have done! I have runs in the paint on my engine block... But nobody will see that unless they want to change the oil for me, which I don't think will ever happen.

I can't wait to see this truck on the road.
Trust me, it’s not perfect, but I’m learning to accept flaws as character Engine will likely be the next thing painted—hoping for no runs, but I’m ok with hiding them, too.

It may be driving soon-ish? I feel like it’s gaining momentum and most of the big stuff is either bought or planned for. Just gotta stay focused...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Really looks nice man. Is that a factory color? Medium blue? What kind of spray gun did you use?

Brian
Thanks! The color is a very near match to the original medium blue poly, but in modern base/clear.

Believe it or not, this was a rattle can job; the base I had custom mixed at my local paint shop and the clear is a 2K hardened product from SprayMax. The clear is excellent and rivals the quality you get from “normal” 2-part paints. The can has a special nozzle that fans the spray pattern which makes the paint lay really nicely. Not a cheap spray bomb, but perfect for this small job. I’ll have to break out the HVLP when it’s time to squirt the firewall.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote