View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
Killer Bee

Re: check engine lite= knock sensor

I replaced both of mine a few years ago due to persistent code.. seem to recall a bulletin that identified updated harness and requirement to seal boots where factory didn't.. also seems I read somewhere that they are vulnerable to moisture trapped by factory foam blocks under the intake that seeps into boot and recommended to leave them out so that cavity stays clean and dry..

here's what mine looked like, before and after.. used all genuine GM OE parts and took me about three hours to get it all cleaned and sealed up, but no codes returned..

don't know if any of that helps or not but good luck!

eta; pro tip, replace oil press sender while intake is off.. of course I didn't but that weak plastic body failed six months later and had an oil geyser under the hood major pita with intake on and cheap enough to replace a predictable failure while access is easy.. it's visible in my pictures just to the engine's left of center, standing up behind lifter valley cover..

Last edited by Killer Bee; 11-14-2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: replace oil press sender
Killer Bee is online now   Reply With Quote