View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 09:10 PM   #253
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

thanks! i am circling the field with this one, only a little heartache left.

gauges showed up, very pretty!
56487994496__FBA778A1-8BEF-494D-8AB9-9FBB8257DF33 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

they use a thumb drive to upload a csv file, so you can do gearing changes pretty easy by comparing indicated to gps.

I couldnt see putting the pretty gauges in that dash with the runs in the clear though, so I followed jims advice and sanded with 200 then 400 then 1000 and knocked the runs and even all the sand scratches out, and laid down a new base and then clear job.

IMG_2374 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I even managed to not wait long enough to pull the tape and tapped it on the fresh clear. oops. but a spritz of a final coat made it even prettier. I sanded and recleared the steering wheel too.

IMG_2380 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

since I couldnt do anything else to the cab for fear of knocking dirt or rust out of the roof onto the fresh dash paint I started messing with the hubcaps. I stopped by bowtie bits and picked up my GMC caps. they dont mount to the mobsteels, only held here with double sided tape, but I DID figure out how to modify the scratch/dent caps mobsteel sent to me to weld to the gmc caps. so win win.

IMG_2335 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2334 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

tomorrow will be a short day, maybe I will get the filler done on the passenger door. I have to go to canton oh for the rest of the week. I might stop by tony packos in toledo. its all about that christmas cash though!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote