Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #204
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well had a pretty interesting day today....I took my bed to the metal fabricator in Atlanta...His name is Bryan Fuller. He has been on TV and has worked for and with some of the big guys like Foose etc...and worked on Overhaulin' so that was cool....He has agreed to do the metal work in stages so that I can do a little as I go. After he looked at both sides he basically said it would cost way more to repair it than it would to just buy a new one...The drivers side had a lot of holes in it from rust and evidentially someone drilled a lot of holes in it and filled it with bondo….Even though I has sanded it..once it was blasted it revealed way more than I could initially see...But I am grateful that Bryan just didn't take my money.

Secondly if you have watched Iron Resurrection you will certainly know "Cato" the interior man...Phil has moved from Texas to Atlanta and will be working with Bryan doing interiors...He is such a cool guy, really down to earth. He is getting his shop set up right now and was currently doing some wiring etc...BUT he did sit awhile and talk to me about different options on my interior.....He knows that this truck will not be a show queen and I am gonna drive the wheels off of it once done...so he made some suggestions that I can do at home to help save some money.

Once the bed metal work is done I will take the truck over and let them fix the rest of the metal that needs to be replaced...rocker panels, cab corners and 2 small spots on the doors plus a spot on the passenger side floor board...as usual no one can tell what the inner rockers will look like until the outer ones are removed.

Once the metal work is done I will be able to drive the truck and try my at body work...I tried welding and realized I was just a hole burner,,,But the body work is a little more forgiving ...I hope...lol at least you can sand it off...lol. Once Bryan has the metal work done and the body panels aligned my hopes are that I can get it close until I can get it sprayed.

So as I have been piddling with my truck trying to get it to run better I was able to get the valves adjusted, TV cable adjusted but still doesn't seem to be performing like it should so I had a couple of ole hot rodder guys look at my truck...told them what was going on...what had been done and both said without hesitation that my stall converter is way too low. The cam that was put in to increase the horsepower....They both suggested that I need a 3000-3500 stall and said itll run like a raped ape...So now I gotta find one.

So I got the drivers side bedside and front panel ordered...The front panel was really beat up from use and wasn't even worth trying to straighten it out.

All in all a pretty productive day...just cool to meet Bryan and Phil Cato......

Last edited by Johns 66; 11-26-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote