Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #209
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythompson1964 View Post
Just read your truck story...funny how just pulling the motor for cleaning and seals can transform into a restoration. You will never regret doing it right and you are making life time memories. Keep up the good work and keep all of us updated this is good stuff.
Thanks Jimmy....It is ironic that you really never know what is beneath the paint...If there is a silver lining it is that I found it before it got really bad. Once the metal work gets done I am gonna drive it, while attempting to do body work and see how that goes.....I am pretty sure I can get the body lines adjusted, doors etc to more of my liking but these trucks never came from the factory with great gaps. Mine is not really bad but they could be better.

I think the good thing is I will know every little detail in the truck once I am done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I was going to ask about sending the parts out to get chromed then I forgot. Can't wait to see what they look like. I am going to send some out soon as well. I told everyone in my family I want cash to get bumpers and my grille chromed....maybe I will get $50 haha

Will be interested in the interior...I am like you. Mine will be a daily driver, so nothing fancy inside...but comfortable would be nice with an original look....did he mention pricing? PM me if you want.
Andy - I emailed Ruben yesterday to let him know they were on the way, they should arrive on Thursday. Im not sure how well the aluminum is going to take chrome but we will see. He said he would inspect the parts and then shoot me a message. Ill have to figure out how to paint the black back on the areas that need it, like the horn button and sail panels.....Ill leave it up to Ruben if he thinks it will be better to just polish them to a mirror finish or chrome them.

Cato and I really didn't talk price yesterday except he did tell me the new seat frame is around 500.00...so Im "Guessing" maybe 1500.00 for seats and carpet...The are setting up his work area now and were putting in LED lights...Caro knows I want driver quality and not some show truck and best I can tell is that he isn't gonna do any shotty work because his name will be on it....As they say...Money and time.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote