View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #366
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
wowowowow what an update! beautiful!

I feel your madness on modifying pretty parts. sad that its a known issue that they could have told you about. I have sold a couple sets of 39-46 brackets to local guys and I tell them up front, "production variance pre WWII was HUGE, like could be 1/2" any direction variance for mounting holes, upward, leftward, rearward or vice versa. even though these brackets are made to fit your donors, you will still need to mock everything up and may need to clearance things."

some guys turn down the brackets at that explanation, even though I offer to help set up. I understand, they think they are buying done parts. there is no tab A/slot B with the prewar stuff though haha.
Thanks Joedoh. I hear ya on the brackets. With the ones I got, everything I read and was told, was that they are ready to bolt on and go. The instructions tell you what holes on the frame to bolt it to, how to place them, etc. Oh well, I have it worked out now anyway.

I'm hoping to get some more progress done on it this weekend. I need to get the rear bumper finished, and maybe I can get the door latches and glass in. I'm supposed to have my seat upholstery delivered tomorrow (if the tracking number doesn't lie to me), so I might tackle the seat upholstery too. I got the insurance on it today, so maybe next week I can go to the tag office and get it tagged. I got a pretty decent 57 tag, so I'll have it registered to the truck.