Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #1113
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Been quite a while since my last post. However I have been working on the truck quite a bit lately. First I tried hard to get it ready for Dino's get down, but an electrical short in the old harness left me grounded... Yeah a cruddy pun if there ever was one... The show was amazing. My wife flew into Phoenix, I was already in Phoenix for a company function, and we had a great time at the show.

So once I got back home I bought a 21 circuit harness and pulled the old one out and did a complete replacement. It was a Speedway kit that I would use again and recommend. So with most of the wiring sorted out (there were a couple of circuits that gave me fits, but they were all my fault! Ah well I got them sorted out soon enough...) This kit is amazing because all the wires are labeled ever 5 inches or so, and that made a world of difference. The kit came with everything I needed and then some.

As you can see below I got new gauges. The speedo is really cool, it measures your speed by GPS so no more cables! Just 3 wires and a GPS small cable that runs to a small pod that I have placed on top of the dash right under the window. That thing is amazing! The other 4 gauges I got off eBay and they were spec'd out to my sensor requirements. So far I really like them. I have not taken them out driving yet but they so far look great and seem to function very well. Best part was the price. If you ever see me at a show ask me how much they were and where they came from. It is a great story...

There is a lot in store for the truck over the next 2 months. I won't reveal much of it until LST because it is going to be a surprise. I might give a hint here and there, but the main reveal will be at the show. Soooo...

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Last edited by 75Dually; 12-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote