View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #1
71Dragtruck

High HP guys running a TH400

As I've mentioned in a previous thread, I'm building a Reid case TH400 for a new motor build I'm doing, motor should be in that 1200hp plus up to 200 shot on a progressive controller (to be used for fun, unless it doesn't run 8's on motor LOL).

Truck should still be in the 3700# range plus driver when done, adding weight in places and losing in others, running a 32" tire that's more like 32.6" (next tire will likely be a 33" but same listed rollout as I have now) and went to a 4:57 rear gear. Motor should be shifting in that 7600-7800 range.

Anyway I'm going to put in a 2.10 first gear and have a couple choices, a good quality good for 1500hp helical set, or go all out with a straight cut set with billet reaction carrier. cost diff in Canadian $1575.

Is there really any need for the billet carrier option in my application, is it worth the extra $$$ with our dollar being crap right now? Should I do it to save the rotating weight, or not worth it?

Regan and Rick, you guys have a 1st gear swap, what are you two running for gears and reaction carrier?
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote