View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #41
midniteblues

Re: Vintage Mini Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KShortell View Post
Not exactly vintage, but out of production like all the 2-stroke versions. My stepson mowed lawns, etc. and saved up to buy this X1 mini bike project, a.k.a. a "pocket rocket". I've helped him fix it up with a new exhaust pipe flange, pull starter, and even a new cylinder with piston. It's not been much money-wise and it has been a good bonding experience. As he's getting too tall for it (his father is 6'6"!), he does stand to turn a slight profit someday if he ever sells.

Any project with your kids is a worthwhile experience.

Those little rockets can be fun.

I peiced one of them back together for the neighbor boys after their family had tried and failed a few times.
They were so happy they could finally ride it before they were all to big for it.
then in return they gave me a 2 stroke viza scooter.

I peiced and restored that for all the kids to ride.
They all learned to rip that around then afterwards when it sat i
sold it for a decent profit and bought this trike.

I am just about finished with another mini ninja for a friends kid. he will have it back for Christmas.

I also have a super mini moto (a cag)to build with my grandson thats waiting up on a shelf.

Mini's and carts grab kids attention.
They are short quick projects that keep them intrested for a little while and i havent had a problem offing them once they are done with them and they dont take up too much space.

I found the easiest selling ones are the rupps, parts are everywhere easy to build and the old guys buy them up.

There some valuable ones out there too.

I enjoy playing with them more than i ever did with the real bikes.
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote