View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
dennislbrooks

Re: Farm-1942-Ohio plate

Williamsburg is about 35 miles east of Cincinnati on SR32. I have a dotter in Atlanta, bringing me a bellhousing from Ellijay,GA today. Only A-body I have is a 70 442.

I looked at several techniques and ended up using more than one. I drill/wire wheeled it for cleaning, too wet outside to blast, then welded in the top holes and relocated them for newer plates. Then a little body work - primed, sanded, primed, then washed with comet and 2000 scotchbrite. I thot about using antique white for the base color but actually bright white is correct for this tag. Painted it laying flat with a very wet last coat -- then let dry 2 days. I used 4 teaspoons-- probably only used a teaspoon of that -- of the Dark Hunter green from the quart but that was the least expensive way to buy it. Letters are almost dry - checking TX test plate.

Tested soft rubber text roller on TX plate. Masked and started with big letters, kinda inside out. Rolled letters at least twice. Smaller letters were the easiest. Touched up edges with trimmed cheap brush. Cleaned up errors with q-tips/paper towels and mineral spirits.

I will run this tag on the back of the blue 42 rod.
Attached Images

Last edited by dennislbrooks; 12-22-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: words
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote