View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #218
FAKKY

Re: 57 Panel "FAKMLC" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
What I did was to bolt the cross member to the bottom of the frame rails. This put the rear of the trans lower than I wanted but it was the easiest solution to mount the cross member, by far.
To make up the difference in height that I wanted, I took a 1 1/4 (or so) piece of square tube, drilled two holes, put end caps on it just for fun & used that to space the transmission mount off of the cross member.
I even painted it, so with the end caps & two coats of gray it doesn't look too country when I crawl under the truck.
We probably have our engines at different heights but the principal applies: hang the cross member low / where it's easy, get the height where you want it by adding steel.
Thanks.
I decided just to cut the damn tabs off and relocate them where I needed them. Figured if I got it wrong could just cut them off and redo
Once its all in Ill post some pics. Just remembered you hitting a similar issue. Wasnt really the rework of the ttrans Xmmeber was concerned about .... still just fretting about engine position ...... lol .... probably will be even after its driving.