View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #5478
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Here would be "my" decision matrix:
- do I want 1/2 or 3/4 ton?
- 3/4? while I really like that 70 with Turq paint, it's a lot to ask with no power options and a 307 (my pers opinion only) - I really like it, but I'd personally keep looking for a different C20, preferably one with disk brakes, higher trim level, and older paint.
- 1/2? If you like the Cheyenne - well, that price, especially if there's a little wiggle room, is not bad - assuming the cab is as good as the bed you described. It's not exactly loaded either, but quite a bit more so than the 70 - looks like a nice truck per the SPID.

Me? I'd keep C20 shopping. My experience when I've been on the fence and tonnage was the decider - if I bought the tonnage that was my 2nd choice, I eventually sold it and bought what I really wanted in the first place.

Nothing wrong with waiting a little bit and continuing to look.
(now, what's the C20 guy's phone number???)
JUST kidding...

EDIT! Ok, you JUST posted the truck pics while I was typing... Body not what I expected based on the description - didn't realize it actually needed a paint job. If you enjoy going thru the paint process, it might be a good candidate, but 6800 not as great a deal as just the SPID pic led me to believe. Still not bad, just maybe not as good a deal as I described above I think I'd keep looking unless looking for a project 1/2 ton. Interesting there's no trim RPO on the SPID (i.e. parchment vinyl)

Last edited by jocko; 01-03-2019 at 06:40 PM.