Thread: Project C7 SS
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
Problems

Project C7 SS

So I’m building a truck and decided opening a build thread would be a good way for me to be able to look back at how long this takes and how much work went into it. Basically the truck is C4 Corvette suspension steering rack and brakes with a C10 body and the short bed is being shortened 2” more to center the wheels. So I figure half a C10, half a C4, and a super short bed = C7 SS.

A little about the truck, picked this up off of craigslist about a year ago for $8900. It was someone’s started project that they gave up on. It came with a custom chassis, I was told it was built by Caged Motorsports in Wisconsin. Using a Flat Out Engineering crossmember for the suspension. Everything measures straight and looks to be quality work. I also got a perfectly clean ‘70 cab 2 truck loads of parts and enough body panels to make a 2nd truck.

I was in he middle of a frame off rodstoration on my wife’s ‘69 firebird convertible when I bought it so I mainly spent the last year selling off parts I don’t want and stocking up on parts I need while it sat in the corner waiting it’s turn. But the firebird is at the painter so I rolled it onto my rack and got started Over Christmas.

Right now with all the parts I sold and bought I’m into it for about $11k. I’d like to be into it done for <$30k and have a LS swapped autocross truck pushing about 500rwhp on the road for 2020. So a ton of that budget will be in the motor. Luckily I have just about everything else sitting on the shelves now.

Reading this when I’m way over budget and it still isn’t done in three years should make me laugh.
Attached Images

Problems is offline   Reply With Quote