View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 01:01 AM   #88
NeoJuice

Re: What's going wrong inside my 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 56 View Post
What are your plans for your truck? Daily driver? If so I would replace the cam with something more mild. That cam has a 108 degree lobe separation which means it isn’t going to idle very well n if you have power brakes they won’t work very well. That cam won’t produce much vacuum. It isn’t much harder to do the cam if you already have the gear set off!
Plans are daily driver and drive it as much as I can

Well if I already have everything ripped apart i should maybe do that at the same time if you say i'll have low vacuum. I do have power brakes with an under floor brake booster. I finished running all my brake lines and stuff ages ago but havent been able to test them and pedal travel under running conditions with full vacuum.

Is there a better cam that you could recommend? Since the truck isnt running that great at this time I haven't even tested the brakes because that is the last thing on my mind to getting the motor running correctly.

As previously mentioned this project was a previous owner build which I'm trying to keep on a budget. Well I thought it was on budget lol.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote