Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #252
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Thanks! That helps and makes total sense. I was thinking a block of wood also...Did you find them somewhere other than LMCtruck at a good price...seems like about $60 for the set?
Andy...I think I got mine at LMC but cant remember cause its been so long since I bought them....Don't forget to get the radiator support bushings as well.

I read somewhere that you needed to change all of the mounts before doing any body work since it may cause things to not line up if you do them after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdad View Post
Wow John! Crazy how a torque converter can cause so much work. I'm sure you will be closing in on it now and be able to do those donuts soon.
Yeah...these things tend to be fickle some times.....I changed the entire drive train in an 85 Chevy I had and when I sold it I had put 400k miles on it with no issues except one starter. Im sure its probably something simple...Im hoping that this torque convertor will fix the issue..

One another side note.....I took a long look at my truck yesterday...specifically the stance of it....I had intended to do the traditional 2/4 drop but after looking at it and realizing that when you start messing with the suspension it tends to change a lot more than just adding drop spindles and lowering springs...… I have already bought new shocks when I started working on it...and if I lowered it I would have to buy new shocks...just little things like this made me to decide that Ill just change the springs and be done with it......at some point I will change the fronts to disc brakes with a 5x5 bolt pattern. I have also saw a kit that sells new axles, drums, seal etc to change the rear to 5x5 bolt pattern....but for now Ill leave it alone and drive it until the fundage gets back up to do disc, rear axles and new shoes for it.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote