Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:12 PM   #257
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well Ole girl has been dropped off at Fuller Hot Rods in Tucker Ga....I am smart enough to realize that I am no metal man or welder...Im more of a hole burner and I was once told that a wise man knows when he has met his limits.....with that said Bryan fuller is a really nice guy...you may remember him from Overhaulin...he worked for Chip Foose for years and knows his stuff.

I picked up the bedside and rear cross brace and they look really good...no more 1/4 to 1/2 deep of bondo...now a skin coat should do.

We went over the entire truck, he made some recommendations on how to fix some things and we had a nice visit, also you may also know Phil Cato from Iron Resurrection...he was their interior guy..Well he moved and now has a place at Fuller Street Rods so he was able to look at the truck, give me some suggestions on how to do the interior and he actually had a C10 seat that he was working on for someone that gave me an idea of what he was talking about. He is gonna work me up an estimate to do the interior when time comes...They both understand that this truck will be no show queen and I am gonna drive it.

So the sake of remembering here is what they are gonna do.
Replace the rockers...passenger side isn't really messed up and he said once he gets into it he will decide if it needs replacing.
Fix the hole in the floor board about 14 x 10 section
Fix the cab corners
Fix 2 small areas in the front fenders maybe 2in x 2in
Fix a few holes inside the cab where Ricky the Redneck hung a gun rack
Fix a couple of holes in the firewall I don't need
Fix a small place on the frame.
They are gonna hang the new doors and get the gaps adjusted and align the panels on the truck....
Taligate had a slight bow in it so they are gonna try to straighten it, plus one little rusted area about 1x1
2 places on the cab they are gonna have to beat out...one is near the gas filler on the rear of the cab same on the opposite side...they had a half inch worth on bondo in them.

Hopefully once the metal work is done I wont have to do a lot of bondo work, more of a skim coat to get things slick.

Got home and sent Ruben at Electroplating of El Paso my grille.
The other parts I sent back are on their way home.

Took the bedside and crossmember to a friends shop and he is gonna put a coat of primer on that so they wont flash rust since they have been blasted.

So while the truck is at Bryans shop Im gonna get all the door internal cleaned up, treated and painted, vent windows rebuilt and get ready for the next round of work which will include putting the bed together and milling the wood for the bed. Just have to wait on LMC to deliver the new bed side and front panel.

Whew that's a mouth full.....lol

No pics of stuff but I did take a pic of this!!!! Pretty cool
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote