Thread: No blinkers
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 09:50 PM   #23
Ken O.

Re: No blinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
If your lights didn't blink when the hazard switch was pushed in it means the switch is not getting power from the emergency flasher, which would explain why the turn signals didn't work when the hazard switch was in. Check the brown wire in the middle of the column connector for 12 volts constant power and if it has no voltage then the hazard flasher may be bad or the wiring connector may not be making contact on both sides. It is also possible that the TS switch hazard circuit is bad.

Start by swapping the two flashers and see if both flashers work the turn signals.
If neither one works the hazards then it's a power issue at the column connector or the TS hazard switch.
Once I pulled out the hazard switch the blinkers worked properly but the hazards still didn't work. I stopped at NAPA on the way home and got a new hazard module and that fixed the hazards. So everything works now. The Hazards have never worked since I got the truck as the switch was broken off. This is a classic "Work in progress". There are TONS of things I've fixed that I just shake my head and wonder what they were thinking... I've written it all down as I go and there is over a page of stuff.
Ken O. is offline   Reply With Quote