Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:09 PM   #169
Johns 66

Re: Frankentruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I have been tossing around the idea of lowering the truck a little. Only a 2/2 or 2/3 drop to just tighten up the fender to tire gap in the front, but still keep a nice rake and stance to the truck.

My dilemma is that I have stock height, disc brake spindles that are 3 years old, but don't have a lot of miles on them. I also don't want to sacrifice ride quality and towing ability.

From my understanding, a drop spindle is the best way to go for the front, and I was thinking about a drop block for the rear so I can use factory rated springs.

Just kicking this idea around, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions TIA!

Heres what I have been told and know.....so take that with a grain of salt.....If you want to lower your truck you will sacrifice something...not really sure what but that's what "They" say...whoever They is...…

If you wanna drop the front...use stock springs and drop spindles...maintains ride quality....don't know if it does or not...again its from "They" but makes sense.

Now as far as lowering the back...well Im pretty sure you will lose in towing weight...the tongue plus bed weight.

Me myself I decided against doing the 2/4 drop
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote