View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: The state of our hobby .. 67-72 Chevy and GMC

The overall thing that I could say bugs me is it all started out being a working man's thing playing with old cars. The ones with comfortable jobs are the ones who couldn't get rid of their gas guzzlers fast enough and give Japanese econoboxes their rise in America. Then they went to the Euro status symbols. All the while the working man enjoyed the cool cars. As you saw the prices go up it grabbed the attention of the "buy-in" types. And "the guy down the street" just stuck a '65 Goat in his three car garage, must be ok. Same thing happened with Harleys. Now it's trucks, and the working man they were originally made for is being pushed back from them like a pair of $60 Levis. We talk about young guys can't afford this hobby. What? A young guy can't afford an old truck? That's just crazy.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote