View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #12
MARKDTN

Re: 91 350 into my 70?

To answer your question, yes that engine will bolt in in place of your 350. You have to use the flexplate on it and not your original because the 1-piece seal engines use a different one. You may or may not have machining for the fuel pump rod; so you may be forced into an electric fuel pump. You will have to have a different intake because the center bolts are at a different angle or you can slot the manifold severely and make them work. Either use all or none of the serpentine belt system and water pump-and fan. The exhaust manifolds will bolt right up.

Now, as to overheated a little and then quit, I doubt it. In about 2001 I bought a '95 Suburban. two weeks later my wife was driving and the water pump died. It got so hot that it melted the plastic plug on the water temp sending unit. Put a new water pump and sending unit and put almost 100K miles on it after that with no real issues. Small Blocks are tough! One reason they are a top choice in demolition derbies-that and rear distributors. I would walk cautiously on this engine. Also, I would keep the TBI. It is very reliable and simple to hook up. You will gain nothing converting it to a carb and you would have all the parts to do it except a fuel pump.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote