View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #23
TKCR

Re: Did you ever meet a Chevy you wish you hadnt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedog76 View Post
Just curious on what actually went wrong with the Trailblazers engine? My 04 has 220,000 miles with no sign of giving in. It’s actually the BEST vehicle I’ve ever owned. LOL Totally different experience than yours I guess.
I can’t remember the specifics. My Dad pretty much took care of everything for me. He worked at GM, and I bought the TB thru his employee discount, as with all my GM vehicles. I can remember him saying it was a known issue with the engines, but a few got out of the plant. I guess the 2005’s were plagued with issues. Lucky for me, I got one of them. I was less than 1/4 mile from the house, and all of the sudden all the lights on the meter came on and the truck just died. Had to get it towed to the house and then my Dad took care of the rest. A flatbed came and got it and they took it to Dayton, Ohio. They replaced the engine and actually hand delivered it back to me. It may have been a fine vehicle after that, but I wasn’t willing to take that chance. So I immediately traded it for the Avalanche. I actually came out pretty good with the trade in, because of my Dad’s discount.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote