View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

GRRRRR!!! Horn not working!!!

This week my NOS GMC horn button arrived in the mail from the dealership, and the spring disc from a VERY helpful board member. When I installed everything in the 67 3500, the horn did not work (I was not surprised).
So I removed the horn button and fooled around with the assembly. When I touched any of the horn screws with a screwdriver and the horn cup together, the horn would honk, but not with the button pressed. The relay would also click like it is supposed to.
So I disassembled all of it and cleaned everything, then reassembled it again. Now not only would the button STILL not activate the horn, the screwdriver/screws trick no longer did either. The relay no longer clicked either. I went through the assembly multiple times but found nothing wrong. I even cleaned/buffed the steering wheel under the disc to ensure good contact and ensured it was not pinched. I also checked the fuses. And I recently replaced the turn signal switch with a brand new AC Delco one.
This morning I bought a new horn relay and installed it, but...you guessed it...NO HORN!!!!
I went though dozens of horn threads, but NOTHING that I tried worked. Anything I may have overlooked? And why would cleaning the horn assembly cause to stop "jump" honking?
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 01-26-2019 at 04:47 PM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote