View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: GRRRRR!!! Horn not working!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
That video is kind of messed up. There is no way it can work with the thin plastic disks he made and put in there. That's why he can't get it to work.

The disk is the first piece to go inside the steering wheel(dome side up) then the metal cup, then the plastic retainer with the three screws. If you hold the metal cup in your hand and put the retainer down inside it you will see that the bosses on the plastic retainer fit snug inside the holes in the cup. Turn that assembly upside down and put the metal disk on it and you will see that the holes in the disk just fit over the bosses on the retainer also. That is the way it has to go together. It can be tough getting it all lined up down inside the steering wheel and keeping the metal disk in place. If the disk gets out of place and gets pinched between the steering wheel hub and the retainer, either the horn won't honk or it will honk all the time.

You may have to take a small screwdriver and push the metal disk up from the bottom after you have the screws snugged up to get it in place. When you have all of the parts installed and you push on the edge of the metal cup it should push down a little bit, it should not be solid. If it is solid or the horn honks when you hook the battery back up the studs are on the disk and not through it.

As far as the relay not clicking hook a ground wire with alligator clips to bare metal on or under the dash and touch the pin and see what it does. You may have to pull the cancelling cam out and touch the pin under it.

LockDoc

I was thinking the same thing on those plastic sheets. I've never seen anyone use them before. But I haven't seen everything!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote