View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:25 AM   #14
Curtb1971

Re: Bonnie 1971 SWB LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
If I wasn't on the other side of the mountain, I would love to come see it. I also have a 6.0 and am slowly gathering LS swap parts. Do you mind sharing how you did your hydroboost setup?
Anytime you're on the side that flows to the Mississippi feel free to give me a shout. As far as the hydroboost set up, it is out of a early 2000's astro van that was disc up front/drum rear. I ended up getting a new astro van master cylinder but used the proportioning valve out of the junkyard set up. I bought the mounting bracket to the firewall off captianfab here on the board but with that style bracket I needed to enlarge the hole on the firewall. Also I had to modify the rod from the pedal to the hydroboost by cutting then running a die to put on a all thread couple.with stop nuts on each side. I did that for a little adjustment if needed and a mechanical connection.
The astro van prop. valve uses the same style brake warning light as the truck did so a simple wire connection was all that was needed. For the pressure hoses off the pump and hb to power steering gear I think I used 09 2500 hoses. I needed to make a tube line with the 45 degree inverted flare to adapt to the late model hoses so took the two piece to a hydrologic line shop and they hooked me up with a weld a crimp. Kind of wished I ran a small power steering cooler in series with the return line back to the pump but I don't think I'll have overheating issues with the pump, only time will tell. Lots of work in the hydroboost set up but boy does it lock em up
Curtb1971 is offline   Reply With Quote