View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 01:17 AM   #15
sprint_9

Re: Vintage air question

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
I have a 2008 E38 ECM and want to set it up so the ECM knows the AC is on. Is it X1-pin 63 that needs to be connected? and is it 12+ or (-)?
I can find a schematic for the AC. I am also running an Old Air products Hurricane system.

http://www.lt1swap.com/E38%20ECM%20C...%20Pinouts.htm
The way I understand it is that Pin 63 controls the compressor clutch in a stock application, this pin is controlled by the BCM, since most swaps dont use the BCM that pin is essentially worthless. The pins you should look at would be 12, 13, and 34. These would run to a separate pressure switch specific to the stock LS AC systems. This would sense pressure in the system and run the fan and adjust idle as required.

This is all based on a little reading and how my BP Automotive harness was setup, so take this for what its worth.

On my truck Im using Vintage Air, but the principal is the same. The standalone AC system has its own pressure switch for the compressor clutch. Since the ECM uses different voltages than what the AC clutch requires it also has a pressure switch for the ECM.

Here is a picture of my LS ECM switch, I bought a port and welded to one of my aluminum lines
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote