View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
paulspickupparts

Re: 64-66 GMC Cab Big Window Part Out Power Brakes

Hey , good hearing from you. As far as selling the whole cab I would prefer to sell complete. And I did try that several years ago.Here is how it worked . Buyer requested shipping quote . Shipping came in high and had to be crated for insurance purpose . Endless quotes and hours on the phone getting quotes.Plus I have to drive 60 miles to a termainal . It takes about a 4 hours of a day to build a good crate and about a $100 in lumber . About three hours to drive to freight terminal and get it on its way . Shipping usually ran from $500-$1000 . Because of the high cost of shipping the buyer usually wanted about a $250 cab to offset the high cost of shipping. I tried to only deal with near rust free cabs and found out I could not sell a rust free cab for $250 . The moral of the story was I NEVER sold a cab . I did take a lot of photos , endless hours on the phone a a buyer that said "I wish you lived closer "

So ,I do this . Most of the parts can be easily shipped except for the conversions parts. If you wanna hear something better this was on a four wheel drive frame which I passed on . I did pick up some GMC power steering stuff from 60-66 and the GMC V-6 powerglide . Also a GMC auto column.

Good hearing from you . Been a while.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote