Thread: 69 c50
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 12:37 AM   #23
Pvmt-Pndr

Re: 69 c50

I would usually use all the gears also but it's depending on how everything is geared and what I was doing. I had a 91 Dakota over 10 years ago with a 5 speed no OD and a 3.9 V6 most of the time 1st, 3rd and 5th was how I shifted it. I really only use the clutch when I took off with most of the manual transmissions I have owned. I haven't owned a manual trans in a few years and I do miss it.

I do not have any pictures of the engine on the C50 but what I've been reading is that on the hood there are 2 vents for the 427, 1 vent on the drivers side and no hood vents on the small block or straight 6. I find it fishy because this truck has 1 vent on the drivers side. Either what I have read is wrong, someone put it in it or the current owner doesn't know what they're looking at. I'm trying not to bug them anymore then I have to before I can actually get down there to get eyes on it. It's 2 and a half hours from me and I'm not sure I can sit for a 5 hour round trip with my back yet. It's been almost 8 weeks since I had back surgery and I feel pretty good until I can't get up and move around when I need to.

Last edited by Pvmt-Pndr; 02-03-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Pvmt-Pndr is offline   Reply With Quote