View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #29
hooperca

Re: 25 gallon Fuel tank in a SWB?

Here's how I did mine. Not that it's right - it's just what I did. I made some straps out or 1/8 by 1 1/2 (I think?) steel from Home Depot for the top of the tank. Also used that for the bottom straps - bent them to "basically" fit the curvature of the tank. I took the new tank to a local radiator shop and they turned the neck about 93 degrees for me so I can have a side fill. I have no idea what I'm going to do with that yet but, given a lot of info on this site, I'll figure it out. I also used some rubber from a garage door seal - also from Home Depot - to make some "isolators" between the tank and the straps.

Hopefully, the pictures come out ok - never have posted pictures before.

What I'm really worried about more than anything is the integrity of the rear frame rails with the last "stiffener" removed. I think, under normal circumstances, it wouldn't be a huge deal once the bumper, etc. is mounted. However, I'd really like the capability to pull a small camper - maybe up to 22 foot or so. I worry about the ability to mount a hitch and, again, how strong and stable the frame rails will be to tow with. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

OK, so I guess I'm not smart enough to post pictures - I keep getting an error. If anyone can help me out, I'll try to get them posted. Sorry!!
hooperca is offline   Reply With Quote