View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #5782
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocityk20 View Post
How can you tell the fenders are from 69-70?
It's not a guarantee, but the 69-70 location of the engine callout is a tipoff (i.e. under the Custom/10 and centered). 71-72 would have had it located under the turn signal marker light and the only row two emblems in 71-72 were Deluxe or Super, and they were (normally) left justified. Seems quite often folks will use earlier fenders on a 71/72, nothing wrong with that, but it's a lot of extra work to not just drill, but also move some mounting holes (i.e. fill some in that would be in the wrong place). The lack of holes under the turn signal marker are also a clue - it's not likely those were filled - they would only be absent if the truck came with a base engine. The doors are also likely 69-70 as well due to the mirror base used. Janesville built trucks did sometimes center the row two emblems in 71-72, so that's why I say it's not a guarantee - but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, in this truck's case, they just left this fender like it was with the engine callout where it was born. I guess it's possible the entire cab and front end and doors are 69-70.

Last edited by jocko; 02-09-2019 at 01:21 PM.