View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #24
Madkidd007

Re: Crewcab Ebay-Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
Ever since I seen project penicillin, I have been wanting a crew cab. They serve their purpose today more now as compared back in the day. When prices of new trucks are upwards of $55K-80K, I knew that I could have all the truck of today but in my favorite body style and options of yester years for a lot less.

I was fortunate that member LocDoc was about to scrap a suburban body back around 2008-2010 range. My father and I made the journey to Iowa and drug home a rusty 71 suburban destined to become China metal.

I am very proud to have gotten this far on my build in these 4-5 years. I am my own one-man show. I do not have a crew of 3-10 guys or flying in professionals to do the job taking my years wage. I work on mine from time to time, while still enjoying life. I applaud any one of our members or the single car garage warriors who tackle their own projects. I don’t consider it a waste of a vehicle at all. If that person finishes his or her’s vision, that’s way better than scrapping or parting out.
This fits my thoughts almost perfect. I’m in your boat, taking something that would get cut for parts or thrown away anyways. Vehicles like this can either be a perfectly good vehicle chopped up, or saved and reborn in different form. Custom vehicles don’t ruin them, they gain interest. What would the 32 deuce coupe be in stock form and never hot hodded, just another old vehicle.
Last little thing to think on guys when you say it’s a half ton, or it’s a short bed, it’s practicality is no different than a new truck setup the same way, just a matter of whose lifestyle it fits.
2015 equivelant and I’m sure plenty of people would enjoy driving it everyday
Attached Images

Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com

Last edited by Madkidd007; 02-09-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Misspelling