Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #218
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

After we were done building and cleaning up, I had just enough time to snap a few decent pics. Frankentruck was used as a farm truck in Jasper, GA, before I got her, so she kinda returned to her roots today

We stopped at The Yesterday Cafe in downtown Greensboro for dinner, and Frankentruck looked real good under the street lights.

The drive home was uneventful as well, except for some person driving around 35 mph in a 55 mph zone. We were going so slow that I was in 2nd OD because 3rd OD would have been sitting at too low of an rpm. Once the sweet, sweet dashes in the yellow lines showed up, and no cars coming the other direction, I floored it and smacked the kickdown switch. The solenoid instantly snapped the transmission into 2nd direct, allowing me to quickly pass the annoyingly slow motorist. I shifted into 3rd direct half way around the car, then let off the gas after resuming travel in the proper lane to allow the solenoid to drop the trans into overdrive. All in all, it was a great day and a great roadtrip.

Get out and drive your truck!
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote