View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
Coley

Smile A potentially expensive mishap.....

Well...'we' had a bit of a mishap due to all the snowy weather we've had.

We...and when I see we I mean my wife (lol)...was backing out of the driveway in my truck and broke the drivers side mirror.
She is a pretty great wife and a good driver but the amount of snow we had on the driveway got her off course as she was backing up and she clipped a tree branch.....sigh. She felt really bad about this and has offered to fully pay for it...but no need to do so from my part, we'll figure it out.

So the good news?...it wasn't the '72 which is in storage. It was my 2005 Silverado Duramax...although I'm still not sure if that's good news.

The bad news is that it has probably the most expensive mirror option on it which were the telescoping, tow, power, heated, signal mirror option.

So long story short I called GM parts to see what the replacement cost was.....$946.50 + tax (not including installation)....for a single drivers side mirror.....WTH?
(note:...those funds are in Canadian...so that is, what...about $60 USD? )

.....so if anyone has a good equivalent mirror laying around let me know...otherwise my morning will be spent largely calling the local auto/truck wreckers, lol.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote