View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #855
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Thanks guys! Got everything staged & once the guys arrived we had the bed swapped onto the frame in minutes. The support rods definitely helped solidify things when grabbing the sheet metal while moving it around.

Numbers came out to what was expected & calculated. There's enough clearance @ the outer sidewall that it shouldn't rub but it's close. Ideally, I would prefer the wheel/tire farther out but that would require chopping the bedsides up more than I wanted to.

The rear bed mount holes aligned as desired. Only concern we noted was the gap between the front of the bed & the cab. It seems the gap was/is tighter @ the bottom vs. the top. I took some measurements after the guys left to see if anything stood out. The dimensions are different but that's expected since the frame is sitting @ ride height w/rake (4.5" @ front cab mount; 5" @ rear cab mount). That being said, we temporarily shimmed things so I could get an idea of what is needed & decide on a cure.....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 02-16-2019 at 04:33 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote