View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 07:30 PM   #6
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: What kinda sorta rare job have you done for a living ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Sr View Post
I've been a mechanical designer my whole career, 1st job w/ NASA designing a satellite (EUVE Satellite) and now with DOE designing synchrotron light souce (Advanced Light Source) and beam lines at the facility.
Sounds way above my head,, takes some serious schooling at a desk ll smarts too,,

[quote=DeadheadNM;8467496]

Roofing in Mexico sounds like night work /to hot durring the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Not sure if you would call it "rare" or not but when I worked for the Boeing Aircraft Co. in Wichita Kansas I was one of 16 people out of about 8,300 employees who were crane certified to work on the Presidential Air Force One 747. Had to pass a VERY rigorous and intensive back ground check by Boeing, Air Force Security and also Dept. of Defense for security clearance. Remember some pretty "intense" moments when operating a 65 ton rough terrain crane. Back side pulling up enough vinyl seat material you could almost taste it, LOL.
Very specially picked people to do this ,, probably a pat down before each shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I've done this, but I think on the Video it was training day or something, slower than I have ever seen - https://youtu.be/e-V0dKwyu6E
And I was the Arresting Gear Chief on the Kitty Hawk.
Trained the Air and Mini Boss on the Essex.
Drove a Fire Truck.
Was a Navy Recruiter in Las Vegas, NV (ohhhh the stories).
This is dangerous looking no room for error ,,never take off the ear muffs too.