View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:27 PM   #23
forestb

Re: kick panel vent seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbart63mule View Post
Thank You forestb for letting me know where to post! First off, my opinion, the 60-66 trucks were the very best of the last really well built trucks, evidenced by the fact so many are still with us. Design of the cab and yes, the ventillation system was simply one of the best EVER, never had a vehicle with a sytem that allowed so much controlled air into the cab, only setbacks being having to clean out under the cowl and having to remove cab air vents to clean every year. THE VENT SYSTEM STAYS ON MY TRUCK! O.K. Here we go. The material matched my old air vent seal, picked material specification I thought was one better than original. It took some digging, and researching, Neoprene-EPDM-SBR blend closed cell sponge foam rubber
for gaskets, die cutting, industrial, commercial. Complete Deflection: 4-9 psi, Shore 00 Durometer: 35-60, Density 6-10 PCF, Maximum water absorption:5.0%, Tensile Strength: 50 psi, Elongation 150.0%, Linear Shrinkage: 5.0%,
Passes FM VSS No. 302 and UL 94 HBF flammability ratings (self extinguishing material), suitable for applicatons in the -70F to +225F temperature range.
Meets specifications ASTM D-1056-00, ASTM D-1056-67(1) , SAE J18-02, and GM 6086M(3).
Made in the USA. I believe this material is also used for heater system seals, inner fender to firewall/outer fender. First pic is old/new (cut by hand). The supplier sent 3/16” thick instead so here’s comparison old, new 1/8”, new 3/16”. Last pic is the vent deflecter/cover, HOW MANY TRUCKS HAD THESE?
Sorry I didn’t mean to tell you where to post but rather to direct you to a thread that might have some more information for you
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote