View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: What kinda sorta rare job have you done for a living ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I didn't have what you would call a rare job. But it certainly had some unusual moments.
I was a Meter Reader when I started at the electric company. And if you go into in the backyards unannounced of about 400+ houses a day, you're bound to see something eventually.

My friends would ask me "Hey do you ever see naked chicks lying by the pool?
Unfortunately. No. I just saw old naked men running around their backyards. What can be seen cannot be unseen. I've got a million stories about that job.

I was attacked by a hawk, and I can't count how many dogs. I had a tree fall on me in a windstorm. And the lonely housewives that were always really ugly. People pulling guns on me. It was interesting work.
You reminded me of one of my experiences. Visiting a friend in San Diego, we went on down into Baja to surf, "sipped" almost a whole bottle of Mescal while down there, for some reason couldn't recall events from the prior day and felt awfully ill the next morning. Musta caught something down there, maybe it's the water? Anyway, his idea for the next day was go stroll Black's Beach. "Oh boy! A nude California girl beach... Woo Woo!! I think I can handle this". Strolling up and down, feeling miserable, hurt to turn my head (or much of anything), all I saw were whale-like humans to dried sacks of skin... mostly male. Basically, I just focused on straight ahead or seaward to observe the waves. A couple times he'd say, "Look at that one", I'd carefully and slowly turn my head scanning across all this undesirable 'element' to see the 5 or 6er queen of the barrel bottom, and struggle for several minutes to keep from puking. Two very educational days for sure.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote